Old January 6th 15, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Danny Breidenbach

Default Eyes

Looks like an excellent tip. Thank you! I just wish I had a local shop with different options to try out before buying. We'll see what the optometrist says as well.

Just a year or so ago, I was able to work 32 count linen and manage 1/4 stitches with no problem. Now I'm working on TW's Celestial Dragon, and it's about to get difficult, and my eyes are crapping out on me! Argh!

Leaving out what they might recommend by way of glasses, there are
magnifying glasses especially made for stitching. Some go on your
hear, some hang round the neck by I used one that clipped on the arm
of my stitch holder. It's mostly a question of finding what's best for
you.

http://www.123stitch.com/Craft_Lights_Magnifiers.html