Old December 30th 03, 05:46 PM
Carolyn Wagner

Default Curtain dilemma

Okay, here's another curtain question. I am in the midst of making my first
insulated pair of curtains and have 1 panel finished. They are very heavy,
made with a velvety-suede material, interlining and lining and are 110"x62"
(1 panel). They are just a plain panel (like tab tops without the tab). I
was going to use the clips, but the lady at the fabric store said those slip
too easily and suggested sewing the hangers directly to the drape. I tried
doing that with 1, but I'm afraid the drape is too heavy just to be
connected by thread, and I don't want the thread to rip the drape from the
weight. I don't particularly want to use grommets because that would shorten
the length, although I will at last resort. Also, will 10 hangers be enough
for a drape this size (20 for both panels) or should I use more? I've made
curtains before but nothing this big, so I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your advice!
Carolyn