Old October 1st 09, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
polymer

Default Traditional methods of diamond identification:-

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:07:47 -0700, William Black wrote:
snippage
But it's all the bloody same...

Bloody sameness? In what way?

Indian gold jewellery being sold today is based on a set of standard
designs that don't seem to have changed significantly in at least the
past couple of hundred years.

The pictures of the lady Ganesh posted links to a couple of weeks ago
could have been wearing (very expensive) jewellery made last week rather
than over 100 years ago.

Gold jewellery is routinely inherited and worn and doesn't look any
different in style when worn with new stuff.

All that varies is the engraving

I guess our criteria for "sameness" are vastly different.
http://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Je.../dp/050028749X
What I call the same is the boring little wedding rings worn by
people in the West.