Old February 27th 05, 04:06 PM
Adrian Brentnall

Hi All

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:03:33 -0500, "Glassman"
wrote:

"kfg" wrote in message
.. .
I may be getting a contract soon to do a panel for a hospital chapel. It

should not be specific to any particular religion. My question is: What sort
of subject should I use? Has anyone out there done any projects like this?
Thanks,
KFGlover
Ars Vitrea

Jews and Christians both accept the first book. Geometrics shapes seem
to be the way to go these days. People seem to want to interpret them as
whatever they see. Where I see random pieces and colors of glass they see
"god" and his divine powers?

g - That's so very true.....
I go to a Spiritualist Church - and they wanted a bit of colour
introduced to a room in which we do healing. The room has
old-fashioned 'sash' windows - with a series of small panes - about
12" x 18" - so I designed a series of simple geometric panels to fit
inside the windows.

One of the panels is shown here
http://www.inspired-glass.co.uk/Cedars_window.htm

The interesting part is that everybody sees something different in the
(very simple) design - so far we've had 'a cross', 'a chalice', 'an
angel', 'a waterfall' and so on..... - I guess what people see depends
on what they're thinking at the time....?

Great fun!
Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply