Old November 25th 03, 04:00 PM
Tasha

Peter W. Rowe pwrowe@ixDOTnetcomDOTcom wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:49:16 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry "-SP-"
wrote:

Peter, there is something else about the original image - to me, it
looks as though it could be some kind of black line under a dome of
coloured clear material, even a coloured glass cab maybe? The cartoon
image, with its highlights and reflections, looks like this to me. I'm
just thinking of the rings that may be produced here, gotta get it
right first.

It does indeed look domed, your right. snip

Thanks to all for the help! For what it's worth, I've since found a
production sketch and I believe the ring is meant to be flat on top as
Peter says:
http://ohtori.nu/gallery/sketchbook/Misc08.gif

I'll certainly look into finding some casting wax then, though I've
got to admit I'm rather intimidated by the idea of carving my own ring
shape... I might look into finding a jeweler somewhere nearby (I'm in
the UK) to do it for me, as you say.

If having the rings cast is impractical, am I likely to be able to
find similarly shaped rings with blank settings somewhere, which I
could simply add a flat version of the seal to? I'm thinking of rings
sold for purposes of adding gems and suchlike.

Thanks again,
Tasha