Old September 8th 04, 03:23 PM
Kira Dirlik

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:25:20 -0400, "Kristen"
wrote:

When I was at camp in August, someone there was knitting a Homespun
shawl of various blues. The colors of purples, blues, aquas, were
evenly dispersed in a mottle. I noticed in the store if you look at
the end of the skein, you can see if that particular color is one of
the wide-striped kinds, or one of the evenly mottled kinds. Who
knew?
Kira

I have an afghan I made with Homespun (one without fringe) and I noticed
when I was making that how the color changes, but that worked for what I was
making (a very light weight, but surprisingly warm, afghan). I can't see
the color change in the scarf I started last winter (Sandstone color), but
the afghan I made is a teal/blue color that has parts that are a darker blue
almost purple in the yarn. Homespun is a very interesting yarn...just not
good for fringe unless you do want a knot in every end!

~Kristen