Old September 28th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Just a Little S.E.X.

On 9/27/06 6:22 PM, "Joan E." wrote:

ellice wrote:

even the LNS owner just looks at me and says
"don't buy the overdyes - just check your stash - you must have something" .

LOL! She knows you well!

Yup. Of course I was a customer for about 5 years before I started working
there - which may have influenced my stash growth - and worked in the shop
regularly for about 3 years. Now, I just fill in as needed, and am writing
a couple of canvas work classes - our prior regular instructor moved to NC.

I've actually never stitched with silks, although I do have a couple of
freebie skeins from somewhere and a skein I bought at CATS in Vegas for
a Teeny Tweenie.

Do one of your cute little motifs or something with them. Nice silks -
yummy. But, it is pricey so even frivolous me is a little choosy about what
gets done in silk - though honestly, I probably do a lot in silk. Anything
complicated seems to warrant it, and I use a fair amount in my mixed NP
projects.

I will say, that you may find using the silk that use of a laying tool will
be more evident than with floss. Just my opinion - I don't use a laying
tool all the time, but find I use one a lot when working with silks. And
thread heaven. Also - for me - who has dry skin - I constantly moisturize
my hands - hate when the silk catches. I just love the look and feel, so
savour using them.

Not with the design - at least not on the chart I bought. Just has the
pretty picture and tells you to go to the site to print it out.

Glad I printed it out, then. I *really* like the little one!

Me too - that was my deciding factor in buying the chart - then I realized
that I had to print it out. Silly me.

ROFLMAO - when I think about the 6 projects I've got in the hopper right now
- not to mention the knitting stuff. I may not wait on this - as it's the
tiniest project I have and am itching to start immediately

I'd at least like to finish the baby blanket I'm working on and Fairy
Grandmother...all I have left of her is her bottom wings and the
beading. I can hardly wait until she's finished!

Sounds lovely. I have to make 2 quilt blocks tomorrow - have to turn them
in on Saturday at G-Street - they're for the big Quilt Pink project. I may
make about 4 - depending. Have to be 12" blocks, and have some of this Moda
fabric - I found some really nice fabrics - so I'm planning to whip those up
tomorrow a.m.

I found in the stash - the Crystal Waters from the 4 elements series - have
the fabric, the thread - all set to go...eventually.

Glad you found your stash! Y'know, I think that's one I have that I
bought a couple years ago, along with the thread pack!

Well - there's a chance that we could do that one in synch! I bought that
one the first time Caryn and I went to her LNS in Manassas. So, it's been
hanging around for a while. Came with the accessories, but not the thread.

I'm going to finish sorting out this thread now. I hope.

Have fun fondling.

Thanks, I did. What fun. And I think I just really need to buy the
Waterlilies -'cause I think my skein is with something in the works and well
used. And maybe 1 of the silk mori beige colors - Don't want to do faces in
overdye that turns yellow and orange with the beige - kind of a weird look
that would have!

DH already gave the big sigh when I told him he needed to bring up the tubs
of stash - to the office/studio. Big sigh - as he's afraid I won't finish
the furniture staining/painting project. But, hey - it has to dry for about
2-3 hours between coats!

ellice

Joan