Old May 23rd 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Tea Towels

On 5/23/06 5:02 PM, in article , "Dianne
Lewandowski" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 5/23/06 11:32 AM, in article
, "Dianne
Lewandowski" wrote:

Dawne Peterson wrote:
Check out whatever store carries Martha Stewart Everyday items--she had
some nice flour sack towels in that line, as well as some linen-y looking
ones with a striped border on the long sides. At least where I am, these
are cheaper than the ones sold in craft stores especially for embroidery,
and actually stand up to use.
Dawne

Ahhh, flower sack towels. That's the word I was trying to come up with.
Those are rather soft for embroidery, in my opinion. But you are
right, they certainly are inexpensive. I love them for their absorbency.

Dianne

Dianne - thanks for the wonderful image, but they are "flour" sacks!

Cheryl

Somedays it doesn't pay to get out of bed! Thanks for the laugh on me!
I loved it!

Dianne

I wonder - I seem to recall White Lily flour sacks had a picture of lily -
must have been what you were thinking of!

Cheryl