Old October 6th 03, 11:09 AM
Kate Dicey

Trish Brown wrote:

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:

I personally prefer to bind my necklines. It is more work but the finished
results are worth it. If you do not want to bind the neckline, I would
suggest cutting a piece of clear swimsuit elastic just slightly smaller than
the neck opening. Baste this to the wrong side with a long, wide zigzag
stitch. Turn the raw edge to the inside of the t-shirt and stitch along the
edge with a narrow short zigzag stitch (about 2 wide and 1.5 long). This
will give the neckline a memory and prevent gaping and sagging. Hope this
helps.
Cynthia

Cynthia, that's *such* a clever idea! I've used that technique in making
swimmers and leotards for my daughter but never thought to apply it to T-shirts!
What a nice, clean, just-stretchy-enough finish that will make - I'm going to
give that a go! Thanks!
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Same here! Idea filed for later use! Hm... Wonder how it would work
with that 'invisible' elastic? Got some somewhere...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk