Old November 17th 09, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

Default When you have Leftovers , how do you plan something ?

"mirjam" wrote in message
When you find loads of Different leftovers , how do you go about
planning something with it.??????
i sort them out by weight first , and than by colour , and than think
i could use all kinds in one work /
when i have a different amounts of wool baals in each color , an neat
way it to knit the number of raws by number of balls ,, for example if
i have 3 blue 2 red and 1 white balls i might knit 3 blue raws, 2 read
raws and 1 way ,, this way i will use up all the wool equaly , and
won`t get stuch having finishe one before the others ,,,,
mirjam

I always wondered what to do with the leftovers too. They're too good to
get rid of yet not enough to do anything with. Then I joined a machine
knitters group and one thing they do every month is make hats to donate for
cancer patients. They use the scraps very nicely with these hats. Some
have many many stripes of colors. Some have a brim of color. Some are half
and half. Made me realize my scraps could go to a good cause.

Lynne