Old November 16th 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

Default When you have Leftovers , how do you plan something ?

I just toss them all into sacks of like-weight and like-fiber
content. Periodically I get a sack out, spread all the goodies on the
sofa, and then decide what to make -- hats/scarves/mittens for school
children, sweaters for little ones, afghans, etc. I have found that
leftovers are very handy to test out various color patterns. If I
like one particularly well, I make a sample and may use it later for
something, and if I don't like one very much that's OK, too -- it's a
smallish item and I'll be finished with it soon! Meanwhile, I have
the pleasure of designing and knitting, and people who need things get
them.