Old July 8th 04, 04:40 AM
Valerie2

Thanks! The howlite that's on that site looks like what I got, except
the ones I got are smaller pieces.

Valerie

Kathy N-V wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:30:15 -0400, Valerie2 wrote
(in message . net):

Some of them are green and others are white with gray lines in
them, kind of like the 'design' in tourquoise. They don't feel like
plastic, they feel more like polished rock chips, but don't know for
sure what they are.

The white is likely "howlite," which is the most common stone of that
description. It's often dyed to make fake turquoise, but the white
is the natural state.

For more info, the nice people at Rings and Things have just added a
gemstone information database:

http://rings-things.com/gemstone/index.html

Just click on the "H," Howlite is about halfway down the page. The
information is concise and fairly well written. (I think that Neil,
the owner, wrote the descriptions. We correspond on occasion, and it
feels like his writing style) It's a good database, not too
technical, and has a little of that "new age" stuff that most people
find so popular.

Congrats on the big trunk of booty - even if a lot of it is not what
you'd like, any senior center or community group would be delighted
to have the things you don't want.

Kathy N-V