Old July 10th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default looking for a pattern...

Ohhhh I remember those from the time we lived in Manchester ... nice
little pegs and rather fun to play with ,,,, [my kids not me]

They were also called clothespegs in the North of
England where I grew up. They also were not the kind with two separate
pieces and a spring to hold them together, rather a single piece of
carved wood with a knob on top and two "legs". It was easy to draw a
tiny face on the knob, wrap a scrap of cloth around them, and have a
clothespeg dolly.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.