Old July 10th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Default looking for a pattern...

The kind with the spring we called snippersnappers but used the general
term "clothespin" for both kinds. Mother preferred snippersnappers, so
we tended to have those at home. We were pretty familiar with them as
hanging up the clothes and taking down the clothes was a chore that
often went to my sister and I. Judy
Olwyn Mary wrote:
They also were not the kind with two separate
pieces and a spring to hold them together, rather a single piece of
carved wood with a knob on top and two "legs". It was easy to draw a
tiny face on the knob, wrap a scrap of cloth around them, and have a
clothespeg dolly.