Old July 10th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
B Vaughan

Default looking for a pattern...

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 18:06:48 -0300, "Katherine"
wrote:

Ophelia wrote:
"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
I never heard them called Pins ,

They were also called clothespegs in the North of
England where I grew up. They also were not the kind with two
separate pieces and a spring to hold them together, rather a single
piece of carved wood with a knob on top and two "legs". It was easy
to draw a tiny face on the knob, wrap a scrap of cloth around them,
and have a clothespeg dolly.

Yes we did)))))

That is not the kind we use. Ours have two pieces of wood and a spring. The
other ones we buy in craft stores, just for that purpose.

When I was a child, the kind with a knob and two legs was the only
kind there was in the US.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.