Old November 14th 03, 10:39 PM
Me

Penny S wrote:

cj's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:

Thanks for the replies so far!

Those FAQs are useful and I read one like them before sending the
first post. The problem is that it is still kind of hard for me or my
wife, as first time buyers, to evaluate different machines. I would
also like to get some 3rd party opinion, not just what the sales
people say. Especially when it comes to comparing old machines with
new.

Following are some specific examples of machines and prices I have
come across (

Bernina 730 @ $250

I don't know about Oz dollars, but that Bernina would be one you couldn't go
wrong on (IMO)

Penny

IF it comes with a good supply of presser feet. Bernina
reminds me of the shaving razors - they gave those away
and made their money on the blades.

--

Joanne
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.