Old November 14th 03, 07:05 AM
cj

Default new sewing machine for newbie.. help!

Hi, I'm new to this group. I know buying sewing machines is a very personal
thing, but I'm going to ask anyhow :-)

I'm looking to buy a sewing machine for my wife. New to sewing, and only
really needed for repairs and little projects here and there, for the
forseeable near future.

One of the options is to buy a cheap new machine (like Janome 2319, 2028 or
Benina Bernette?). Another option is to buy much older tradin like Elna TSP
for similar price and 1 year wty. Does anyone want to offer some comment or
advice about Elna TSP vs new machine?

Either reply to the group or to me personally:
(remove you know the capitalised stuff).

Thanks in advance!

Craig.