Old November 2nd 11, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Quilt Bible Cover

Part of the challenge will be to make the bible cover so that it doesn't
look girly or worse yet, like Great Aunt Prissy made it. So. Therefore.
Take a look at the fabric Footprints in the Sand by Makower. You can see it
at several places and here's one: (maybe) Polly
http://www.cottonboutique.com/cgi-bi...39&pid=1#m3839

"Hanne in DK" wrote in message
Den 01-11-2011 19:26, Carlee Clove skrev:
My nephew is getting baptized one month from today and I really want to
successfully create a home sewn bible cover for him. This probably isn't
too difficult but I still feel like such a beginner at sewing. So, I'm
here for some help. I'm trying not to put too much stress on myself
because if it ends up not working out then I will just have to buy one.
I saw some 'bible covers' (http://www.dicksonsgiftshop.com/bible-covers)
at this site when I was running out of options for my niece but we will
see what happens. I would like to try to make one also. Thanks for the
advice!

Does it need to be what seems to be traditional with a zipper and handles
and all?

For a book cover, I like this method:
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2010/03/...ool-notebooks/

I've used that a few times for notebooks and for little guidebooks that
were about to take a beating at camp. Also made it easy for everyone to
identify the owner of the book :-)

Hanne in DK