Old January 6th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Default Swimsuit fabric scraps

Piggybacking, because I didn't get the original post.

Julia - are they large enough scraps to cut a glove from? I make lycra
spandex "gloves" for the members of my pool (think billiards) team. If so,
I'd happily pay postage to get some new colors.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

"Vandy Terre" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:57:06 -0600, Julia in MN
wrote:

Can anyone use some swimsuit fabric scraps? They aren't big enough for
even a very small child's suit, and I'm not interested in making a
scrappy swimsuit , but I'm frugal enough that I don't want to throw
them if someone can use them. They're a lycra/nylon blend, and don't all
have the same degree of stretch.

Julia in MN

Piece them together for underwear, toy balls for young children or pets, a
body
pillow (rectangular 4 to 5 ft by 1.5 ft, filled with percolite), simple
Victorian style eye masks, a 'bag saver', soap bags for camping or dorm
use.
Long narrow strips can be braided together and then braided into someone's
hair.
Roll the small bits into beads and string as cat toys.

Just a new lurker. Not much into quilts, but do a lot of sewing for
resale.
Hate throwing away any fabric and have made lots of odd things out of
leftovers.