Old November 9th 05, 04:57 PM
Julia in MN

Default Swimsuit fabric scraps

Can anyone use some swimsuit fabric scraps? They aren't big enough for
even a very small child's suit, and I'm not interested in making a
scrappy swimsuit , but I'm frugal enough that I don't want to throw
them if someone can use them. They're a lycra/nylon blend, and don't all
have the same degree of stretch.

Yes, I make my own swimsuits. It's about the only clothing I sew,
outside of pajamas for the grandkids. I do water aerobics and the
chlorinated pool water is really hard on suits. Sewing my own is pretty
cost effective, because I've got a pattern that is quite simple and
takes only about 5/8 yard of fabric, so I look for swimsuit fabric on
sale. I can do a suit in a couple of hours and usually try to do at
least 2 at a time.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/