Old October 4th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_3_]

Default How to form patina on brass?

On Oct 2, 12:12?pm, "Norm Dresner" wrote:
I have a brass casting that I've used in a piece and need to make it look
old and weathered. Are there any household chemicals that will do that or
do I need to purchase a specialty chemical?

Norm,
Try this site...
http://www.artmetal.com/search/node/aging+brass
It may help you out. We were looking to possibly age a small
reproduction of a South Bend Lathe dauber we make, (we decided to sell
it as a fresh turning instead so not to imply it was the original
item).
Tim
www.alisam.com
"A-LEE-SAM"