Old February 13th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

Default Moss stitch

I think I was flying by the seat of my pants. Those two pictures are what I
MEANT to describe. American Moss Stitch is two rows of (k1 p1) alternating
with two rows of (P1 K1), not what I said before.

Georgia

"Bernadette" wrote in message
Georgia wrote:

I think Moss Stitch and Seed Stitch are sometimes both used to name a
fabric produced by (K1 P1)* and (P1 k1)* on alternate rows. Other
people call that Seed Stitch, and reserve Moss Stitch as the name for
(k2 P2)* alternating with (p2 K2)*

My two cents.

Georgia

I understood that what is called moss stitch in the UK is called seed
stitch in the USA.

I found a web site that explains better than I can but what they refer
to as American moss stitch is what my mother always referred to as
Irish or double moss stitch. See what you think http://snipurl.com/19yy9

Bernadette