Old February 12th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default Knitting stitch ? and OrganicYarn?

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:56:36 -0500, jheller wrote:

Hi all,

DD would like more things I make for them with Organic yarns,
What are the best places to buy this online? and what are good prices?

"organic" means different things to different people. Here in the
U.S. it is unlawful for any non-certified product to be called
"organic" so look for "natural" and "chemical-free" but be willing to
accept that most shepherds use a wormer of some sort a couple of times
a year.

You'll pay more (sometimes a LOT) more for chemical-free wool yarn. A
good price is one you're happy to pay in exchange for quality yarn.

Cotton is a different kettle of worms. There are so many cotton pests
around that most fields are dripping with insecticide. And cotton is
hard on the soil so there will be plenty of fertilizer too. You
definitely want to look for some sort of organic certification if you
want truly organic cotton yarn. No help from me on pricing. I
dislike working with cotton so I never bother noticing the prices.