Old May 11th 05, 11:47 PM
Wooly

Drop the first X stitches of the cable off the left needle, transfer
the next X stitches to the right needle, grab the first set of
stitches with the left needle. Transfer the second set of stitches
back to the left needle. Work per instructions.

Really not practical for cables over more than about 6 stitches, IMO.
Carry a spare DPN

On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:35:11 +0200, B spewed
forth :

I thought I had saved a posting that explained how to make a narrow
cable stitch without using the cable stitch holder. However, now I
can't find it. If anyone has a link, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...