Old April 12th 04, 01:06 AM
Kate Dicey

Mira wrote:

Hello, I'm newbie here but I lurk and read your posts. I'm into sewing
apparel for myself or my niece. I have a lot of fabrics and buy more than I
can sew. When I'm in the mood to sew and look at the fabrics which ones I
will use for a summer dress and realized that I love fabrics that I dont
want to use them so will buy new ones. I know I'm nuts lol but sometimes
this is the case hence, the fabric collection grew and the same goes to
clothing patterns.
My husband uses an aero dust spray to clean our computer keyboards. Is there
something like that to clean sewing machines? if there is/are, what's the
name of the brand or where can I buy it?
Thanks for the help,
Mira
http://home.comcast.net/~miralyn

I'm in the 'suck, don't blow' camp - VERY firmly. And this after several
professional teachers tried to teach me otherwise! No, no blowing
for me. Not after talking to my sewing machine mending guy, who stocks
the vacuum attachments but NOT cans of compressed air! I have a bag of
attachments for the vacuum cleaner, and you can see pix of me cleaning
the serger on my web site. The brush I use for cleaning the machines is
a size 10 hog bristle artists paint brush: doesn't provoke sparks from
static the way those little nylon ones you get with the machine can, and
stands up to being washed thoroughly when it gets grubby. I've also got
a nice needle nosed pair of tweezers that I use more for fishing lint
and thread out of the machine than for threading it!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk