Old September 22nd 03, 03:04 AM
Beadbimbo

My daughter makes them. I haven't done it, but hubby helps her with it.
They get the soap that you can melt in the microwave. We watch for Michaels
coupons or sometimes it's on sale at Michaels or Hobby Lobby for 50% off.
The bath salts look really easy too and are verry pretty in a little jar.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"scaperchick" wrote in message
My SO has a large extended family, and it's customary to give a gift
to every one of them at Christmas. We're talking about 30 people. So
we make something different every year because we're much too poor to
buy decent gifts for that many people.

We've done candles, and last year I beaded ornaments. This year, we
were thinking melt-and-pour soaps. I'm not looking to dive into this
as a craft; I just want to be able to make 40-60 nice-looking soaps.
Simple, but not cheesy, if you know what I mean.

I'm searching around, but there's so much out there and I don't know
which info is the best. Does anyone make these kinds of soaps, and
have any favorite sites or tips? (I'd prefer not to buy any books,
because I want our limited budget to go all towards supplies.) So
far, I have a basic supply list, which is a good place to start, but
haven't seen many good recipes.

TIA for any help you can give. We need to get started on this ASAP so
that they'll be ready by XMas!