Old August 11th 05, 10:27 PM
Bubbles

"Suzan" wrote in message
Hi!

Does anyone know of any instructions for building a slab roller?

I don't - but 2 things you do need: plates that you can remove to change the
thickness of the slab - and at least one very good, very even roller.

You might want to start out with a wringer from an ancient washing machine -
you know - the two cylindars that you roll the clothes through. Then you
might find out a way to change the distance between the two - or you might
use one mounted on a fitting table with a "ditch" in it to put your slabs
in. The top slab is always (imhe) covered in canvas.

Just some ideas. I don't know if you have a chance to find any of these
bits, but it is worth a try. Antiques shops might have something.

Also - you might luck out like I did and find one used for a third of the
new price! Have a look around at potters and pottery suppliers in your area.

Best of luck! My slab roller, although small, is great to have! No more
rolling pins! YAY!

Marianne