Old December 12th 04, 04:14 PM
Sjpolyclay

"Pet" with your finger? Explain please? I also have a question about
buffing - if you do it manually, how long does it take and what kind of
fabric/cloth do you use? I tried rubbing a piece my jeans, but after a
few minutes, I didn't notice much difference.

I keep my hands well moisturized so they arent rough, and use my index finger
to strokeback and forth, then across the other direction of the clay as needed
to get it really smooth. You can really reduce sanding time that way. When
sanding/buffing start with a rougher grit then move quickly to the higher
numbers and get to the automotive grade stuff---btwn1000 and 2000, and it looks
like gray paper, can be done under water in a bowl with a couple of drops of
Dawn detergent---sand back and forth until smooth, then buff on a cloth like
denim or a buffing wheel thats muslin, etc---be careful with wheels as the
machines can really heat up and even burn the clay. PolymerClayCentral.com has
sanding sheet sets with various grits, and also some FAQs and tutes on
sanding/buffing. One thing to note is that clays with more translucent rather
than more opaque colors respond best. The pearlized and gold Premos are fab!!!!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com