Old July 26th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT- Finch feeders

Well Val, I'll have you know the finches in So. Cal. clearly have
better eating habits cause my net bags have never been torn apart.
LOL
The one at our old house was up for at least a couple of years
and the 2 here in the desert have been up since November. There isn't
any other wildlife around here anymore though. Domestic cats and dogs
but not even coyotes anymore. There are bear and big cat
sightings in outlying areas but the city life has taken over here.
Taria

Val wrote:

The birds will also tear those bags (store bought or homemade) open or to
shreds after only being up a short time. You're better off buying a thistle
feeder and then fill it from a bag of seed.
http://www.nottawawildbirdsupply.com...tle-c-1_4.html
That link will show you examples of what I'm talking about.

If the feeder completely disappears it's most likely a raccoon, bear or
squirrel, depending on what kind of wildlife you have roaming around. Your
only alternatives to that problem are to hang them where they can't be
reached, bring them in before nightfall and put them back in the morning or
take them down altogether.

Val.......avid birder with lots of feeders