Old December 2nd 05, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Oh... I finally got it...

Oooh, that sounds pretty! Both ways, I mean! ;o)

Gem

"Eastern Edge" wrote in message
oups.com...

MRH wrote:
My "Mr Brown" Disco yarn, Mary Maxim catalogue, and three Freebie
patterns
(I already had two of them... the funky looking purse was the only one I
*didn't* have) came in the mail yesterday.... I forgot to mention it last
night. ) It's a neat colour, but with only one skein that size you
really can't make much... guess if you want to make something with it you
just have to go buy some more. So is Mary Maxim the only place to buy
that
particular type of yarn? I was in WalMart this morning, and while they
had
some funky looking yarn (eyelash, and other feathery type stuff), I
didn't
see any of the Disco yarn.

Gemini

Me, too, yesterday. Walmart tonight had Disco, not that colour, and so
did Michaels, but not that colour. Neither of them had the turquoise
either; they must have distributed them all out free rather than to the
stores! I used Nora's free Aqua ball with some Bernat Satin in white
and knit her a little scarf, holding one strand of each together. She
didn't mention that it was too short, but it definitely would've been a
better lenght with even 1/2 a ball more. If I'd realized I'd be
getting the brown I would've held onto her turquoise and made her a
striped scarf. (Hey Nora, wanna send it back for me to frog and do
over?)

Michelle