Old January 3rd 04, 01:44 AM
Christina Hellström

(Rachel) wrote in
om:

Christina,

How do you like the color of Puppen. I've heard it's too "pink" and

The color is perhaps a bit on the pink side, but it's ok with me. Some
translucency would be nice, so I'm going to try the added translucent clay
trick, that sounded really good.

have you tried Prosculpt. If so, what do you think of that compared
to Puppen? I haven't tried Puppen yet but out of all the clays I've
used, Prosculpt is best for sculpting but I don't like it's color. I
am trying to get away from having to blend a clay before using it. I
love Fimo soft's color after baking (doll pink). It's quite
translucent but it's soooo soft, makes sculpting difficult. -Every
touch is a new mark to smooth.

No, I haven't tried Prosculpt, although I have thought about ordering some
(and just a couple of mr Johnston's books , it does sound like a nice
clay. In what way is the color wrong?

I haven't tried the doll pink Fimo Soft, so I can't compare. Puppen Fimo
could be a bit firmer for my taste, but it is firm enough for me not to
mess everything else while working on some part. For non-flesh tone
sculptures I usually mix Fimo Soft and Classic to get a firmness to my
liking, but it is just soooo nice to be able to just take a lump of clay
from the package and start working with it. And, it's available here
locally, which is very nice and convenient.

Cernit's color was even better but I do not like working with it.
Can't get rid of seams and takes a long time to condition.

Ditto, ditto & ditto.

--
//Christina Hellström
http://www.geocities.com/chellstr/