Old January 2nd 04, 10:01 AM
Rachel

Christina,

How do you like the color of Puppen. I've heard it's too "pink" and
have you tried Prosculpt. If so, what do you think of that compared
to Puppen? I haven't tried Puppen yet but out of all the clays I've
used, Prosculpt is best for sculpting but I don't like it's color. I
am trying to get away from having to blend a clay before using it. I
love Fimo soft's color after baking (doll pink). It's quite
translucent but it's soooo soft, makes sculpting difficult. -Every
touch is a new mark to smooth.

Cernit's color was even better but I do not like working with it.
Can't get rid of seams and takes a long time to condition. Prosculpt
can be used straight from the package basically, like Fimo soft
(granted, we all condition any clay a little) but these two clays all
it takes is a little, literally.

Rachel

I use Puppen Fimo, and think it is the best "straight from the package"
clay for making doll parts that I have used (although I haven't yet tried
everything available). I would say that it is currently more like Fimo Soft
than Classic Fimo, as it can be used straight from the package. It is
firmer than Fimo Soft, not as sticky as it has more of a chalkier feel to
it, and the smoothing abilities (getting rid of a seam, I mean) is even
better than for Fimo Soft.

Overall, I love Puppen Fimo. It is not the ultimate doll clay, but it is by
far the best I have used.