Old October 17th 05, 06:55 PM
Melissa in NJ

Default First Guild Meeting

" I was the youngest person there by at least a decade and in many
cases by 2 (at least)."

I am definitely of the youngest generation in attendance at my guild.
Not too many my age present. But dang those older ladies are fun. And
the best way to stop feeling like a wall flower and part of the group
is volunteer. I started by volunteering to hang quilts for the show. I
met and made so many good friends. The I volunteered to help run the
workshops. Not to toot my own horn, but apparently my enthusiasm is
catchy and I am so well liked and approached now...the current
president wants me to be the next pres when her two terms are over. I
KNOW the nominating committee will be all over me then. Not sure if I
am ready for that step though...I might put them off for another 2
years. ....

But I can tell you...having new people volunteer gets the guild's
juices FLOWING!

Melissa in NJ *32 yr old quilter*