Old October 16th 05, 07:20 PM
Mike Firth

Default Heat Resistant Glass Paint

Do you want even overall color or a design?
Do you want opaque color or transparent? (If you don't know the
difference, go to a store that sells them - opaque is used when the shape of
the bulb is the decoration, think of a pingpong ball, while transparent is
used when you want the colored light so when you look at the bulb you see
the filament, think of stained glass.
Vitrified enamel requires too high a heat for the assembled bulb as
mentioned, but there are some paints sold that are "fired" in a kitchen
oven. I have not used them and they are more likely opaque than
transparent, but the bulbs could be baked in an oven or more likely baked by
their own heat.

--
Mike Firth
No more levees
wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to paint some light bulbs I have in my lamps. One is a halogen
bulb so gets pretty hot. Are there any heat resistant glass paints on
the market. Any help, or alternative suggestions apreciated.

Regards

Justin