Old July 22nd 03, 07:56 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Shillelagh"
wrote:

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message

The trip home was mostly uneventful, except for the fact that I found some
more yarn. Sigh! It was Boa by Bernat, and it was cheaper in Greenwood

than
anywhere else in Atlantic Canada.

The mention of Greenwood brings back a lot of memories for me. When my son
graduated from Nav school, his first tour and a few others was in Greenwood.
I visited him and his wife many times there. They took me to Peggy's Cove a
couple of times; and one summer week, we went camping around the Cabot
Trail. That was beautiful!!

I only remember one mall in Greenwood, and don't remember what the main
store was that anchored it. My daughter-in-law worked in the bookstore
there for a few years, and loved it.

Shelagh

Small world Katherine and Shelagh.....I have a friend and her husband was
a wing comander at Greenwood. Year ago Otto and I took the train from
Toronto to NB and the ferry across to Greenwood. We stayed with them for
a weekend and we flew home after traveling all along the outside coastal
roads to Halifax. this was in the mid eighties

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))