Old October 8th 17, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default A Finish!

On Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 5:33:02 AM UTC-5, wrote:

It was a drawn thread sampler, so it included hardanger (with the cut
out threads) It seems to me someone was giving a course for a few
weeks and that was the product.

Lol, we had a craze for them back then but in reality they were the
way young girls learned their stitching for the future, historically
they are quite interesting to read about, for sure there would be
books about them on amazon or ebay.

Awhile ago on floss tube I had seen some drawn thread band samplers which really blew my skirt up, but I couldn't remember the name of them or the designer. Today I finally found them! They're very old Victoria Sampler patterns with lots of cutwork and drawn thread work. They're the "elemental series" by Thea Designs for Victoria Sampler.

You can see the four patterns available in this video at the 35:20 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H05vAGpOf4M&t=2279s

While I have done some Hardanger (Joan gave me a heart pattern which I loved), I've never done drawn threadwork before. Seeing your sampler inspired me to buy three patterns in this series: The Green Earth, Crystal Blue Waters, and Crimson Fire. That should keep me busy for awhile!

The only place I've found that you can purchase these is from the Victoria Sampler Website: http://www.victoriasampler.com/Catal.../Leaflets.aspx