Old September 22nd 03, 07:09 PM
duh who

"2obvious" wrote in message
m...
Is "altering" the term I'm looking for? (Maybe I just don't know the
vernacular...?)

My issues are similar to DH's. (uh...who is "DH?") Occasionally I'll
buy "pre-shrunk" shirts that will shrink after the first wash and
become horizontal. But in general, I'm a tall guy with a narrow
frame. So, yeah, I run into the "maternity shirt" thing quite a lot.
Also, even when a shirt fits my chest, the shoulder seams will fall
around my biceps, because my shoulders are narrow.

Do you have any suggestions on how to learn to remove factory-stitched
seams and measure myself correctly and whatnot? (I'm going to Google
"altering clothes"...)

You might want to go full tilt boogie and just start making your shirts from
scratch like I do. Its really not that hard after you do a couple.

Otherwise, and this is off the top of my head, you're going to have to undo
the seam up the side and down the length of the arm, and then remove the
sleeve, then mark the arm opening back to fit your shoulders, then reverse
the process, reattaching the sleeve then sewing the side seam back. I
suppose if you don't completely undo the length of the sleeve, you won't
have to remove and then reattach the cuff.

I've never done this, just brainstorming.