Old January 26th 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default A finish - first finish of 09

On 1/25/09 9:31 AM, "lucille" wrote:

"Barbara" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I finished "Live Simply" ( a Dimensions kit)

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/d...ductNum=nw0368

Yesterday. All I have to do is wash and press it and I take a quick
picture.
I think I have the fabric to do the "no sew cube" and have some daisy
trim
to add. I may yet add a bead or two or some other embellishment during
finishing.

I'm going to work on a few more "finishing" projects this week - pillows,
both cross stitch and knitted. And decide which UFO(s?) come out and
which
project I can start of the several I'm really interested in getting
going.

Cheryl

That will look nice as a cube. I'm still debating whether to do a cube with
the "Think Snow" piece or a pin cushion or maybe just do a kind of ornament
finish that can hang flat against the wall. I'm also still considering
washing and ironing The Fan that I did for my friend. Does that count for
two finishes in 2009?

Now I'm anxious to start my Laura Perrin Flying Geese project. I finally
got it on the frame and now I need to make sure I have all the floss in
place and then, one of these quieter days, I'll start it.

That's such a nice piece. Be really sure to check the chart - I've found a
couple misplaced or lacking stitches on most of hers. Usually easy enough
to figure out - when you look at what you're stitching, and then thing -
hmmm- I think there should be a stitch here or similar.

Ellice