Old July 20th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Funny name Copy Right ??? because it really means ...

BettyJ wrote:
To me copyrighting is wrong when one takes another's design and calls it
their own and not giving the really owner his due.Taking what I have bought,
and sell it (because I no longer need or want) say at a yard sale, to me is
not wrong.

No, that is not wrong by any stretch of the imagination.

If I make something and give it away, it is not wrong. I am not
claiming that the pattern is mine, made by me, even thought the finished
item was made by me.

If it is a gift that you personally made for someone, I think that is
covered.

If it is somethign that you are making in bulk and donating for charity,
you do have to go back to the designer and ask permission to use their
pattern.

What I don't get is why with all the free patterns out there, people
still have to go make illegal copies of commercial ones.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.