Old September 13th 03, 05:21 PM
sbright

Also, if the engineer does it, he can probably calibrate the sizes on it for
you since they correlate to the circumference of a ring. That way, you
won't have to make sizing rings.

-Stanley

"abastanza" wrote in message
In article ,
Marggi wrote:
... one of our most popular custom shapes has no mandrel available. A
picture of this shape is available at
http://www.agta.org/consumer/images/...dalmhonors.jpg

This
ring is not even close to being size-able, and it seems that no matter
how carefully we size the clients finger, it always ends up being a
nightmare.

Have you tried asking an engineer to make one that will fit that shape
exactly? Maybe they can lathe something up from a computer drawing of your
ring shape.

[snip]
Once I have a mandrel, I can take the brass ring blanks from Rio

Grande,
shrink or stretch them to size, and form them to make the sizers. If you
sell or make square shanked rings, I can tell you this is time well
spent.

Good idea.

Brian

--