Old September 11th 03, 05:49 AM
Marggi

No, that's not it. I allready have a rounded tapered square. I guess what I
am looking for is a rounded tapered rectangle. The sides are taller and the
taper more pronounced. I have been searching on the net, and ran across
"Jarvi mandrels", they come in lots of shapes, but I can't tell from the web
page what sizes they go to, they might be bezel mandrels, I cant' tell.
There is one that is "finger" shaped, but it looks like a fingertip, like an
oval with a flattened bottom. But the page does not show a picture of the
actual mandrel, only a graphic depicting the shape. Is anyone using a fancy
Jarvi mandrel? They look like they could be fun. I am looking into having a
machine shop make the mandrel, but some folks I have talked with have been
dissapointed with the accuracy of mandrels they have had made. The sides
did not match, if you turned the ring around and slid it back down the
mandrel, it would not fit anymore. This would not be acceptable. I talked
with an engineer freind, he offered to draw one out for me on "auto-cad" and
send it to a computer aided machine shop, but it would cost several hundred
dollars to do it that way, even with the free design services. . That's it,
so far. Still looking, I will post an update if I find anything. Thanks,
everyone.
Marggi

"Dave Arens" wrote in message
Hi Marggi,

Have you looked in the 2003 Rio Grande tool catalog? Page 214 shows a
ring mandrel that may be the one you're looking for. It's item 'I',
item # 112-369. It's described as a finger shaped mandrel that is
unmarked, but goes from size 4 to size 15, cost $17.00.

Usual disclaimers.

Dave