Old April 28th 04, 01:16 PM
Roberta Zollner

They must think we like to sew curtains or something :-p
Roberta in D, curtain fabric waiting in a bag, brain waiting for a mental
kick in the butt

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm puzzled about the need for speed too. My Bernina man says that the

1230
sews much faster than newer models. I wondered why anyone would care.
Inquiring minds want to know. Polly

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
(Beth Pierce) wrote:

I am getting involved in quilting classes at my local quilting store
and am considering a lightweight machine to take to and from class.
I've been looking at the new featherweights, and see that they are 10
lbs., which is a "workable" weight. The question I have is, does
anyone know how many stitches per minute the machine does?

Also, if you have an older featherweight, 1950's type model, would you
happen to know the stitches per minute for that one? I am basing my
purchase on how fast the machines are. I could take my old Touch and
Sew, but that one's a little heavy.

Thanks for your help!

I've seen one of the new FWs, and I didn't care for it. It didn't do a
nice stitch, like the old ones do. YMMV, of course.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1