Old August 12th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Default new websites, more beads

hiya everybody!
Its been a hot-hot-hot summer here so far, and almost too hot to do much
polymer clay bead making.But I'm managing to get lots of work done anyway,
and hoping that soon my studio will cool down into the Goldilocks range,
with no-too-hot and not-too-cold.....I've got shows lined up in Denver and
in Houston and a trip to Ohio (gotta stop in at Byzantium when I'm there,
better call them today!!) to do polymer clay bead classes on the 15-16 of
September , so fall is lining up to be busy too.
One of the ways I've been keeping a roof overhead and beads flowing in my
doorway is by working at the Local Bead Store in town. I'm the class
coordinator at Bead Lounge in Longmont CO and I've been designing and
building more websites too, doing more photography---I do theirs
http://beadlounge.com and have been doing others lately too. One's for a
bead artist named Laura who also works at the Bead Lounge. She does really
beautiful beadwork, so it was fun and easy to put together her site. Its not
totally done, but I thought I'd offer y'all a peek since you like beads
too!
http://landsglory.com
Several of my beady pals are either instructors or working and selling their
jewelry at Bead Lounge, and so I've been more and more exposed to PMC and
fused glass stuff, and I'll be doing more of that once it cools off
too---truly, I dont know how you torchers do it in summer!!! My polyclay's
dinky 275degrees F is way too hot an oven temp for the summer, I cant
imagine having the flame going or the kiln!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful season, and I'll be posting more again
soon. I feel as though I've been away too long!
Sarajane
--
Sarajane's Polyclay Blog
http://www.polyclay.com/blog