Old July 15th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default How Much Stash is too much

I confess I am a stash-a-holic, and the wonderful resource of the
internet and eBay is fueling my addiction.

I have kits, charts, fabric and threads that would take me several
lifetimes to get through, but I see a CA Wells kit and I haunt the
auctions until the end, in the hope that I will further enhance my
stash. The recurring theme in my collection seems to be kits only
usually available as class pieces, from classes that I am never likely
to be able to attend (Western Australia seem to be thought of as far
too remote for most tutors) and charts of European origin often now
oop. I am unsure if I am addicted to the thrill of the chase or the
desire to acquire the pieces - a proxy bidder has at least made the
process unemotional.

I have also developed tendonitis in my right arm, and this is making
my stitching even more infrequent, but I still have the desire to
enhance my stash.

THis all begs the question - how much stash is too much?

Joanne in Perth, WA