Old October 21st 05, 03:58 PM
Sally Swindells

Default What to take to a quilt retreat?

Used to be flash light when I was small, but somewhere along the line
it changed. Heard a lady ask for 'slacks' in a clothes shop the other
day, and the assistant just looked blank, it had to be explained to
her that it meant trousers.

Another word that has gone seems to be hiking, to be superceded by
walking. Suppose its because that is the only sort of walking people
do - either all or nothing, as DD once said 'I walk in the car'!

Also we never look at the ocean - its always the sea - even the
Atlantic Ocean is downgraded to sea!

Actually, if you think of it, it is all simplifying words so that they
become ordinary. What a pity.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:02:30 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Flash light is good if the activities are in separate buildings.
I always take a small flash light on trips. I like to have one in
my purse on planes. In hotel, it would be handy in case of power
outage, or in case of fire. On topic: it is useful to help find
dropped pins and needles. Finally, it is essential for finding
the chocolate in the middle of the night! HTH.
BTW: our 'cousins over the water' call a flash light a torch!
PAT, translator to the stars, in VA/USA

Irrational Number wrote:
ann wrote:

Here is what I found is nice to take. Towel, sheets, quilt,
flashlight, mug for coffee/tea, creamer, sugar or sugar substitute,

What is the flashlight for?

-- Anita --