Old June 13th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default Blanket stitch (handmade or machine-made)

In article ,
wrote:

We all know what a
single machine-sewn thread looks like, and the blanket stitches were far
more robust than that which would be produced by a single strand of thread.

Yes, we all know what a single stitched thread looks like but you are
thinking unidimensionally in terms of old technology. The Bernina
has 4 different blanket stitches. Two are for light to medium weight
fabrics. The other two are for medium to heavy weight fabrics. The
lighter ones are meant for applique. The heavy ones do a total of 5
stitches for each stitch, making it very bold and dense like like the
best blanket stitching you've ever seen. With the exception of blanket
stitching with yarns, I can't imagine anyone wanting a blanket stitch
that is bolder, neater, infinitely adjustable within the 9 mm
parameters, or more professional looking.

Phae

--
I fear me you but warm the starved snake
Who, cherished in your breasts, will sting your hearts. (Henry VI,Shakespeare)