Old June 16th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default Air quality and your health (topic WAS - ammonium chloride)

I totally agree with you. and yes, stay as far away from Tylenol as
possible!
All of my pharmacy colleagues wouldn't take parsetamol on a bet!

speaking of chemicals...my very first stained glass mentor died of
cancer at a very
early age (in his mid-40s) and after working with glass for 4 years, i
too
developed cancer...i was lucky to have caught it in time...but what
about
the rest of you...have any of you been really ill and can you see a
link between
our glass work and the illness?

i'm trying to find a very good exhaust fan/ventilator for my studio
these days...
right now, the weather is warm and windows and doors are open...but
what's
going to happen in the cold months? i have time so i'm investigating
the
options here.

I know there are filtering devices on the market back in the US...but i
don't know
if that's the route to go or can i do better by rigging some kind of
device that will
get the fumes out in all seasons...i'd like NOT to get cancer again if
i can help it!!

arlene

Glassman wrote:

A wet sponge is all you will need. My motto is to use as little chemicals
in life as possible. I have to be near death to take a Tylenol.

--

JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com