Old June 14th 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default Corbett v Nicoletti

The Nora Corbett cross stitch fairy in today's 1-2-3 newsletter reminded me
way too much of Lynn Nicoletti's delightful Thimbelina. Thimbelina hangs
proudly on my den wall and she's innovative and clever and lots of fun.
This one looks to me like a rip-off, but not quite. Is there some kind of
law that states you can't use someone else's design and call it your own?

This is Nora Corbett's version:
http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/it...item=MIR-KIT12

This one is Lynn Nicoletti's version:
http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/largerthimbelina.html

Doesn't look like a coincidence to me but I'm not very well versed on copy
write laws.

Lucille