Old December 19th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Default And time for

Susan Hartman wrote:
ellice wrote:

No doubt not his unique stance, but many things that have to do with
women's
reproductive health are guidelines for their health, their future
ability to
produce progeny - as in don't do something you'll regret when you're
older
and wiser - and historically based on the sensibilities/morality of men.
But, someone who has already had 2 healthy children before the age of 30,
assuming she's mentally competent, should have had no legal or ethical
barrier to having a tubal ligation performed. But, none of us truly know
what is going on in someone else's health, interactions with their
doctors,
their interpersonal relations, etc. Heck, if you start crying when
asking
about something like a tubal ligation, that could convince a doctor
you're
not prepared emotionally. Who knows. Personally, I tend to take some
things with the proverbial handful of salt.

Ellice

I knew a woman who had two kids, closely spaced, by the time she was
about 24, and she had the tubal ligation done when the second one was
born because she knew she was "done." That seemed to me a little
premature...I'd be afraid to make such a permanent decision so early in
life. Too many "what ifs" in life for me. But she and her husband and
her doctor were quite comfortable with it.

sue

DD had two children, one boy one girl, close together shortly after she
was married. She asked for tubal ligation in the military hospital, but
it was flatly refused. Then, four years later, Whoops, #3. She still
couldn't have it done, but they had no problen tying off her dh's
tubes!!!!!!!! Same final effect, but still. Then, a while after that,
she had to have a hysterectomy.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans