Old November 6th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Stash experience

On 11/5/06 2:56 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 11/5/06 1:12 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 11/4/06 10:27 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 11/3/06 5:04 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

I went to Colonial Needleworks and bought most of what I need for what I
(hope) are my next WIPS - The Flower Sampler, MawMaw's Quilt and The Earth
Laughs - all from M Designs. The first two are in Needlepoint Silk and the
last in Crescent Colors. I'll need some of silk that she doesnąt (make that
didn't) stock. I also nabbed Liz Turner Dahl's Teapot Garden and Fair
Daffodils (Blackbird Designs). I also nabbed my favorite Anchor Needles and
some WDW that caught my eye

LOL - you're not done yet - you have stuff coming in the mail, eh! Plus - I
learned a great term on the RCTQuilting group. "Squishie" - as in a package
with squishie stuff in the middle - like fabric. Of course, sending charts
isn't so squishie - but we ought to be able to come up with something!

Hmmmm - still thinking on that! floss in an envelope does make a squishy
though!

Very true - so I guess charts are different but other stash is squishy.

Charts, packed in a large envelope, have a slide-y sound. Or is more of a
soft 'whoosh' .....

The floss is quite diminished already.... Sigh!

You should come and go shopping with Donna & I, and we'll get Caryn, too.
We (me) had quite the floss & fiber experience at Needlewoman East, and
Scarlet Thread isn't far behind. Of course, for Gloriana then we have to go
to Stitchin' Pretty. Darn it. I now have to lay out what regular floss I
need to go with the great set of overdyes (silks & cotton) for my Pumpkins
being stitched on Autumn Blush. Now you made my not quite hungover head
think. Hmmmm. Must be a needlework shop up near rink taking DH to. I don't
need to watch the PEeWee game - just the big boy (U-18, AAA - DH in
Armbands) game - up in MD .

Both kids' teams lost yesterday - DD's to a team from the tier above us,
DS's to the #1 team in their tier. No open stash places near either
rink.....

Sorry about that. At least I got 2 skeins of some really nice Colinette
washable merino hand dyed wool to make a little something. I could not go
watch the PeeWee game. The U-18 game was good - chippy - definite issues
between the parents of the 2 clubs (Baltimore vs rich Montgomery County),
but the game ended up a tie, 8-8. Only one kid made me nervous, as he
clearly shaved more than the officials - and had a huge no doubt cubic
zirconia in his left ear. DH had to give 2 penalties to one of the goalies.
And then I had to suffer through the late night college game. At least at
the U-18s, the dad in the scorebox is dad of one of our young officials
(that I've known since reffin' him as a mite, and now is a sophmore at Case
Western).

Well, off to do some other shopping stuff. This morning we got training on
more gadgets for the election. Woo Hoo.

Have fun!